Friday, May 5, 2017

Lego Head Cupcakes

For this year's Blue and Gold for cub scouts our Cubmaster chose a Lego theme.  As soon as I heard, I immediately started searching for fun things to do for Lego themed parties. Hello Pinterest!  I get a little carried away and in my head I had the entire cultural hall decorated from top to bottom in multicolored Legos with photo props and games and...well, let's just say I had to scale it back quite a bit.  My assignment was 24 cupcakes and that was probably just about as much as I could handle in reality with 2 babies and 2 kids who I still needed to keep alive during all the preparations.  I ended up picking up some sprinkles,ordering some candy Lego blocks and purchasing some yellow fondant.  I loved the way they turned out.  I even had someone tell me that they 'LOVED' my frosting and they really didn't care for frosting usually, so that made me smile.  Although I had to fight off my kids from eating all the yellow Lego heads it was totally worth it. (even the 5 extra pounds I gained from, ahem, 'testing')

No comments:

Post a Comment